Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Coffee Company; Lancaster, PA

                The Coffee Company, living in a strip mall right off the highway, it serves as a great rest stop, gathering place, and coffee fix. I spent an hour of my time there today. As soon as you enter you sense a combination of eras mixing just as well as that scrumptious chai I had. The overall appeal of the cafe seems to be a mix of 1950’s inspired black and white photos which claim the walls while the modern day paintings sitting among the picture frames, wait to find owners.
The employees themselves hold an era of art. I always seem to find myself with a strong desire to begin dressing more bohemian after surveying the employees’ outfits; I also acquire the desire to get dreads. I occasionally do the first, but the latter has yet to be attempted. After pushing thoughts of what I would look like with dreads from my mind, I am able to enjoy what I came here for, food enhanced by the sweet taste of my Hot Vanilla chai. For only $3.40 I can have my chai and drink it too.
                From young adults who look like the poster children for Woodstock to middle aged couples who look as though their Woodstock children have led them to be addicts of alcohol or caffeine, the latter winning, to older couples who look as though they own a second home in France where they wear sweaters around their shoulders and kiss everyone they meet. Although I am none of those, the atmosphere is so open and inviting that I mix into the butter colored walls, air thick with conversation and Indie music just as well as anyone else. From 7am till 8 on weekdays and 9 on the weekend, you can find the appeal that is The Coffee Company for yourself. With the occasional live music it’s the perfect cafe for a date, a friend hang out, or a dinner spot, especially with its full menu of breakfast through dinner options.
                Now, although I do not leave with dreadlocks I do leave full from salad, soup, a sandwich and/or a drink off of their full coffee bar. I’m a sucker for a good chai, and I simply haven’t found a chai around that compares to the artistically crafted chai from The Coffee Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment